As promised (here), I am now offering free advertising for local businesses.
Local Business Advertisements
Advertisers may post an article for inclusion on the ‘blog to advertise business services. You may add a link to your website, and social media links from your profile will also show at the bottom of your Ad’).
Your business will also be listed on our Local Business page, including a link from there to your advertisement/post (will still be easily accessible, once it moves back in the timeline).
Advertisers can request inclusion of a “rotating ad” (also free), displayed top/centre of every page of the website, and linked to your business listing (which will link to your advertisement/post), offering excellent exposure/visibility: Details at the bottom(*).
Advertisers can monitor for comments/replies using subscription services (available via the "Share/Save Button" beneath every post).
Advertisers are permitted (within reason/once a month max’) to add a comment to your post advertising updates, special/seasonal offers, etc. (Your comment will appear in the list of “Recent Comments” which most readers use to navigate the blog, along with a link to your post).
In addition to our standard/legal Advertising T&C, all advertiseing businesses must comply with 1 of these:
- Based in Kingsway.
- Based in Quedgeley, Hardwicke, Tuffley, Bristol Road, Hempsted, or the surrounding area(s), AND offering a service which is reasonably accessible to Kingsway Residents.
- Based in or around Gloucestershire (for business facilities and attractions to which people would ordinarily be expecting to travel).
- Particularly relevant to residents of Kingsway.
2-4 are open to interpretation of course, but it’s free advertising, so my judgement is all that matters.
Creating Your Advertisement
If you are a new visitor, I recommend browsing the blog before posting, so you can see how it works.
You MUST observe these rules:
- Log in and create your advertisement using the “Submit-A-Post” facility.
- Add your post to the “Local Business” category.
- Use your business name as your post name.
- Minimum copy requirements: 80 words (unless you add an image… but still 40 minimum).
- Images maximum-sizes: Width: 600px, Height: 600px, File-Size: 150KB.
- Do NOT cut and paste your copy directly from the web into your post.
- Create a post for Kingsway (and local) residents to tell them about your business.
Think of it not as a newspaper-style advertisement, but as an article about your business services.
Mention where you are, what you do, how I can access your services, when you’re open and why I should use you, and bear in mind it is a community blog – a 2-way conversation…
Emphasise your ‘local connection & be engaging; (if it reads like a leaflet, it’ll get the same treatment)!
Non Compliance | Non Qualification | Abuse
I will disallow your post if I don’t consider that you comply/qualify.
For ‘non-Kingsway’ (resident & business), I will also remove your username/login; (nothing personal, I just don’t want ‘non-contributing’, ‘non-local’ users in the database)!
If I think you are abusing the facility in any way, I will remove your user/login and your advertisement.
Contact? Problems, Complaints, Requests…
…in fact anything to do with advertisements, post HERE, or email me (same link).
Rotating Ad’s: Details
(*) In order to qualify for a rotating ad’ you must add a (permanent) link from your business website to this one and let me know; (Comment or contact me HERE).
Please check back here when you’re ready to create your post, (I have a habit of changing these rules from time-to-time).