Gloucester is changing. Development is taking place in and around the city, changing the landscape and creating thousands of jobs. Around 1000 jobs will be created in the Quays by April 2009 where hotels, a supermarket and an outlet centre are being built. We want to connect local people with these opportunities and ensure they have a stake in the future of Gloucester by supporting people through skills and qualifications into real jobs.
Gloucester Works can offer you:
- A personal action programme to help identify your current skills
- Free training and qualifications to help you get into employment
- Support to identify childcare and transport options
- Links to real jobs in the Quays, Business Parks and throughout the City through the Jobs Bank
- Work trials and guaranteed interviews when job ready
- Ongoing support and further training to enable you to progress when in employment
Example: You could complete a free Hospitality pre-employment qualification as well as an interview skills course which guarantees you an interview at the new four star hotel (opened recently) at the Quays. Once employed, you would then receive continuous support, complete a free NVQ2 Customer Services qualification and further personal development helping you to progress ‘up the ladder’.
Gloucester Works also organise local Job-Fairs.
Register for the scheme by completing this form: